This is just a recipe I threw together cuz I had purple cabbage and brussel sprouts in the fridge…so it is not an exact recipe. Feel free to use different cabbages or raisins instead of cranberries. And I wouldn’t blame you a bit if you decided to add a little crisp bacon or pancetta!
Winter Vegetable Saute
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil
- Onion, Diced
- Garlic cloves, minced
- Purple Cabbage, cut into bit sized chunks
- Brussel Sprouts – take a slice off of the bottom and cut into quarters
- Dried Cranberries
- Balsamic Vinegar
- pinch of salt
1. Add oil to a large saute or stir fry pan over medium heat
2. Throw in onion and garlic and stir for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the cabbage and brussel sprouts – stir gently and saute for 10 minutes – you want the cabbage to be tender but to still have a slight crunch.
4. Add walnuts, cranberries, a splash of balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt.
5. Stir and saute to warm and let flavours blend.